Ceepaa Creative Studio can develop websites in accordance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) to ensure that critical information on the site is accessible to as many users as possible.
The Guidelines developed by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) have three levels of accessibility, A, AA and AAA, each more stringent in regulation that the one before.
To ensure accessibility, sites can include the following features:
* (X)HTML Validation from the W3C for the pages content
* CSS Validation from the W3C for the pages layout
* At least WAI-AA compliance
* Access keys built into the HTML
* Semantic Web Markup
* A high contrast version of the site for individuals with low vision
* Alternative media for any multimedia used on the site (video, flash, audio, etc)
The main benefit is an increase in the audience that can view your site, purchase your products or services and engage with your brand.
For some types of websites, regulations state that certain levels of accessibility must be met.
Government and public sector sites often come under these regulations.